It’s the time of year when love is in the air. Make it a memorable Valentine’s Day for your special someone with a romantic getaway to the Great Smoky Mountains. You’ll find everything from breathtaking scenery and friendly local culture to outdoor adventures and eclectic shopping. How can you go wrong?
Here are five sure fire ways to show your Valentine just how much you care:
- Rent a romantic Gatlinburg cabin retreat! Surround yourself with nature’s wonders, plus all the amenities you desire, in your own private mountain hideaway. Witness a majestic mountain sunrise through your cabin bedroom window or count the stars in the evening sky while relaxing in your own private hot tub. The opportunities for romance are unlimited!
- Stroll hand-in-hand through Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies! Where else can you climb a mountain, wander through a tropical rainforest, visit a coral reef, and (yikes!) explore a shark lagoon all on the same day? A visit to the Ripley Aquarium brings together the natural beauty of both the ocean and the mountains in a single weekend. Together you can explore an undersea wonderland featuring some of nature’s most intriguing aquatic creatures including a giant Pacific octopus, dartfrogs, stingrays, and trumpetfish. It’s a one-of-a-kind way to say “Be my Valentine!”
- Remember the moment with local arts and crafts! Don’t just give your Valentine candy or flowers. Remember the day with unique treasures that will last for years to come. Did you know that The Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community is the nation’s largest concentration of independent artists and craftsmen? You do now, so take advantage of the opportunity for romance. Along an eight-mile loop in Gatlinburg, you’ll find everything from hand-thrown pottery and hand-woven baskets to jewelry, artwork, quilts and so much more.
- Frolic in the snow! It’s February and peak season for that great winter white stuff! A clean blanket of snow across the landscape can inspire the romantic in each of us, especially when paired with a roaring fire or a warm comforter for two. But first, make time for a bevy of the fun outdoor activities like skiing, sledding, skating, and snowboarding. And, okay, while some of the snow on the slopes may be artificial, the romance you share with your Valentine is sure to be the real deal! Don’t forget to make snow angels together!
- Enjoy a romantic meal for two! Food and romance go together like, well, you and your Valentine! The region’s collection of local eateries offers a cascade of culinary choices ranging from home cooking to fine dining. Whether you celebrate with a scrumptious breakfast at sunrise, a picnic lunch on the go, or dinner by candlelight, your passionate palate is sure to be pleased.
You can start a tradition of mountain-top romance this Valentine’s Day. You’ll want to celebrate for years to come with a lovers’ vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains!