Going on vacation and escaping the stress of life is a great way to stay charged up and maintain mental health. Planning that trip to be in the Smoky Mountains is just smart! There are relaxing ways to enjoy the area, gorgeous cabins in Gatlinburg to give you an authentic regional experience, and great fun to get into!
- Check into your cozy Gatlinburg cabin. American Patriot Getaways cabins are known as the standard in the area, coming in a range of sizes and accommodations (such as jacuzzi hot tubs, fireplaces, theaters).
- Get acclimated with the area by exploring Calhoun’s Village. There are specialty shops filled with goodies such as handmade pottery, arts, crafts, and other unique gifts that would be perfect for souvenirs!
- For fun and adventure, hit the slopes with your skis or snowboard, or have a relaxing hike!
- Then you could head to the Smoky Mountain Brewery for soft pretzels with beer cheese dip, brewery wings, or an ale marinated steak! All with the Smoky Mountains laid out in view of the windows.
- Go back to your beautiful cabin and relax in front of the fireplace with a mug of cocoa.
- Start your day at the Pancake Pantry for a scrumptious meal that can center around their famous pancakes, which come in 24 flavors! There are also waffles, crepes, and other breakfast goodies.
- Spend the day at Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum where you can go through the odditorium, ride the 3D moving theater, mini golf, and get lost in the mirror maze! There’s way too much here to fit in for one day, so it’s bound to be a good time.
- After a long day of fun, come to Ma’s Kitchen for some truly southern home cooking! You’ll feel like you’re at home with your beloved grandparents, eating on homemade yumminess like mashed potatoes with amazing rich gravy.
- Sleep in and then head to lunch at Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que for award winning ribs and barbeque, burgers, and more, even a buffett!
- Explore the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on your last day! Take photos, hike, fish, view waterfalls, and more as you make your way through the gorgeous park. View the beauty of nature up close and personal!
- Head to Pigeon Forge for murder-mystery dinner! Have great food and laugh so much that you won’t even want to go home!
Have a safe trip back and come back to see us some time, ya hear? Hope that you enjoy a great Smoky Mountain getaway!