Going on vacation and escaping the stress of life is a great way to stay charged up and maintain mental health. Planning that trip to be in the Smoky Mountains is just smart! There are relaxing ways to enjoy the area. Plenty of gorgeous cabins in Gatlinburg to give you an authentic regional experience. Check out our guide to unwinding on a long weekend in the mountains.
- Check into your cozy Gatlinburg cabin. American Patriot Getaways cabins are known as the standard in the area. They range in sizes and accommodations. Book an affordable getaway for 2 or 20!
- Get acclimated with the area by exploring The Village. There are specialty shops filled with goodies such as handmade pottery, arts, crafts, and other unique gifts that would be perfect for souvenirs.
- For fun and adventure, hit the slopes of Ober Gatlinburg with your skis or snowboard. Or have a relaxing hike to one of the areas many waterfalls.
- Head to the Smoky Mountain Brewery for soft pretzels with beer cheese dip, brewery wings, or an ale marinated steak! All with the Smoky Mountains laid out in view of the windows.
- Go back to your beautiful cabin and relax in front of the fireplace with a mug of cocoa.
- Start your day at the Pancake Pantry for a scrumptious meal centering around their famous pancakes, which come in 24 flavors! There are also waffles, crepes, and other breakfast goodies.
- Spend the day at Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum. Go through the Odditorium, ride the 5D moving theater, try your hand at mini golf, and get lost in the mirror maze! There’s way too much here to fit in for one day, so it’s bound to be a good time.
- After a long day of fun, come to Mama’s Farmhouse for some truly southern home cooking! You’ll feel like you’re at home with your beloved grandparents, eating on homemade yumminess like mashed potatoes with amazing rich gravy.
- Head back to your cabin and soak away your worries in the hot tub under the stars.
- Sleep in and then head to lunch at Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que for award winning ribs and barbecue, burgers, and more, even a buffet!
- Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on your last day! Take photos, hike, fish, view waterfalls, and more as you make your way through the gorgeous park. View the beauty of nature up close and personal!
- Head to Pigeon Forge for murder-mystery dinner! Have great food and laugh so much that you won’t even want to go home!
Have a safe trip back and come back to see us some time, ya hear? Hope that you enjoy a great long weekend in the Smoky Mountains!