Sevierville, the home of Dolly Parton, offers many choices when it comes to dining. Choosing just the right restaurant for your family can be a challenge. Exploring Sevierville you will come across lots of wonderful dining choices. Not only will you see plenty of chain restaurants here are also many unique local spots to choose from.
You may feel a little overwhelmed with all the wonderful choices. Stop worrying, with this list of, what we think are, the top 10 restaurants in Sevierville Tennessee put your fears to rest. Feel free to print this list and bring it with you the next time you visit Sevierville and don’t forget to share this with your friends and family.
1. Five Oaks Farm Kitchen
Five Oaks Farm Kitchen welcomes visitors from near and far for a southern-style meal. From breakfast to supper, you’ll be sure to find a homestyle meal to fill your belly. Check out the classic fried chicken or sugar cured ham steak for lunch. If you’re in the mood for a sweet treat after your meal, the blackberry dumplins or windowsill cobbler will satisfy your sweet tooth.
2. El Paso Mexican Restaurant
– Authentic Mexican cuisine and unique décor. This quaint Mexican eatery is the perfect spot if you are looking for excellent food, cold beer and great atmosphere. With a refreshingly friendly and efficient staff, be sure to put El Paso on your itinerary for your next trip to the Sevierville. Make sure you ask for directions to their salsa bar. More than 10 unique flavors change daily.
3. Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
– If you long for the best country cooking in the South look no further. Discover true country charm and the magic of apples! A long time ago Apple Valley Road, which runs along-side Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant was the main road between Sevierville and Gatlinburg. Across the river, you can still see the faint tracks where horse-drawn wagons forded the Little Pigeon River. Hot apple pies and warm breads steaming from the oven, bowls of soup to warm you to your toes, fresh vegetables an hour from the field and fresh fruit right off of the tree. Good ol’ southern cookin’ awaits you at the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant.
4. Holston’s Kitchen
Holston’s Kitchen serves high quality dishes in a casual atmosphere. Try an express lunch with your choice of a half sandwich with a soup, salad, or baked potato. Looking for dinner? Check out Prime Rib Wednesdays. From fajitas, to steak and seafood, to brunch you can find it at Holston’s. This popular dining spot is a hit with the locals.
5. The Roaming Gnome Pub & Eatery –
The Roaming Gnome Pub & Eatery or locally known as “The Gnome”, is in Governor’s Crossing shopping center. With its laid back informal pub atmosphere, The Gnome is a great place to hang out and have a frosty cold beer. They do have a wide assortment of beverages including tea, coke products as well as over 75 beers to choose from and a multitude of spirits. Opened in the spring of 2007 and since then have always strived to make patrons feel at home. They offer a full menu from open till 2am every day, including the self proclaimed “greatest” mouth watering cheeseburger in the country. Known for having the largest food portions but not the largest price, The Gnome should definitely be on your list of places to visit in Sevierville.
6. Frank Allen’s Market and Grill –
Specialties include slaw dogs (a favorite of hometown girl Dolly Parton) and hamburgers (voted best in Sevier County 7 years in a row.)You would never guess an unassuming BP Gas Station was home to one of the best burgers in Tennessee, but it is. Frank Allen’s has been a Sevierville tradition since first opening in the 1950’s. The new location is a little roomier and fancier but the food and good old friendly down home service hasn’t changed a bit. Stop in for some great food and friendly conversation next time you’re in Sevierville.
7. Thai Basil –
Stop in to Thai Basil during business hours and always see a packed restaurant. Flavorful food at great prices make this Thai spot super popular with locals and visitors alike. Their lunch specials are the star of the show, served Monday thru Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Choose between three starters and a main dish, served with the protein of your choice. Then, choose your comfort level for spiciness. Thai Basil also serves Thai iced Tea and Vietnamese coffee for that afternoon pick-me-up.
8. The Diner
This clean 50’s style Family Diner is a “One of a kind, locally owned, All American Diner”. Serving breakfast all day including, pancakes, eggs, omelets, waffles and much more. The Diner also offers Great chargrilled Angus burgers and sandwiches, classic diner platters, traditional southern meals and amazing milkshakes and banana splits. Don’t forget to choose your favorite song on the Jukebox.
9. Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza
A favorite place to eat for locals Gondolier offers a wonderful Italian menu that boasts salads, pizza, calzones, Stromboli’s, hot & cold subs and much more. Don’t forget to visit the dessert case for some homemade delights. Be sure to come hungry!
10. Big Daddy’s Pizzeria
Big Daddy’s Pizzeria features Wood Fired Brick Oven Pizza, the first of its kind in Sevier County. Featuring all the greatest pizza that Wood Fired Brick Oven Pizza has to offer! Only the finest of ingredients are used on their pizzas as you will notice right away on your pepperoni or any topping ordered. You can order one of the specialty pizzas or special order according to your desire and this is a place where truly the combinations are as varied as the 60 toppings. Big Daddy’s likes to get your attention with their toppings, and we think they will succeed. Looking for great pizza in Sevierville, look no further than Big Daddy’s!
Be sure to check out all of our vacation guides for planning your Smoky Mountain getaway. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest area information!