Pigeon Forge will launch the annual Winterfest celebration Nov. 13, 2020 with festivities throughout the county. This season’s Winterfest runs from November 13 until February 15th, 2021.
Pigeon Forge Winterfest is a mixture of holiday celebrations, themed special events and millions of decorative lights. That combination created a new visitor season for Pigeon Forge when Winterfest started in 1990.
After the Winterfest Kickoff, businesses throughout the city offer special activities, theaters add a Christmas flair to their shows for two months.
Pigeon Forge Winterfest continues through February each year, offering winter activity throughout this gateway to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Among the events on the calendar:
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas (Nov. 7- Jan. 2), with seasonal shows that include Christmas in the Smokies and five million twinkling lights
- Enjoy the holiday lights from the comfort of your own car at Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland! This drive through show takes place in Sevierville at Smokies Stadium from November 13 to January 3 from dusk until 10 p.m. nightly. Want to get out and stretch your legs? Additional attractions, like visiting with Santa, a petting zoo, and food vendors are on site as well
- The Island Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony – 40,000 ornaments, half a million lights, and 5,000 feet of garland never looked so spectacular (November 21)
- Gatlinburg’s Festival of Trees November 25-29th at the W.L. Mills Conference Center
- The 44th Annual Gatlinburg Christmas Parade at 7:30 p.m. on December 4th
- The historic 58th annual Sevierville Christmas Parade takes place in downtown Sevierville on December 5th at 11 a.m.
- Bluegrass Christmas in the Smokies at the Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge & Convention Center December 9-12
When looking for accommodations during Pigeon Forge Winterfest be sure to visit our website for a wonderful selection of log cabins in and around Pigeon Forge.
Complete visitor information about Pigeon Forge is available online at www.MyPigeonForge.com or by calling 800-251-9100.