Pigeon Forge will launch the annual Winterfest celebration Nov. 22, 2019 with festivities throughout the county. This season’s Winterfest runs from November 22 until February 17th, 2020.
Pigeon Forge Winterfest is a mixture of holiday celebrations, themed special events and millions of decorative lights. That combination created a new visitor season for Pigeon Forge when Winterfest started in 1990.
After the Winterfest Kickoff, businesses throughout the city offer special activities, theaters add a Christmas flair to their shows for two months.
Pigeon Forge Winterfest continues through February each year, offering winter activity throughout this gateway to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Among the events on the calendar:
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas (Nov. 9- Jan.4), with seasonal shows that include Christmas in the Smokies, It’s a Wonderful LIfe, and Twas the Night Before Christmas, plus another four million holiday lights!
- Enjoy the holiday lights from the comfort of your own car at Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland! This drive through show takes place in Sevierville at Smokies Stadium from November 15 to January 5 from dusk until 10 p.m. nightly. Want to get out and stretch your legs? Additional attactions, like visiting with Santa, a petting zoo, and food vendors are on site as well
- The Island Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony – 40,000 ornaments, half a million lights, and 5,000 feet of garland never looked so spectacular (November 23rd)
- A gigantic fireworks display on Nov. 28 at 7 p.m. for Thanksgiving at The Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge
- The 44th Annual Gatlinburg Christmas Parade at 7:30 p.m. on December 6th
- Winter Tunes & Tales – meet storytellers and characters along the Parkway in Gatlinbug on Friday and Saturday evenings from November 29 to December 21. The sights and sounds of history from the Smoky Mountains, appalachian secular music, country and bluegrass music will be featured
- Trolley Ride of Lights take place in Gatlinburg from November 22 to January 31 – departure times at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30; see all the one-of-a-kind LED lights along the Parkway in Gatlinburg and side streets
When looking for accommodations during Pigeon Forge Winterfest be sure to visit our website for a wonderful selection of log cabins in and around Pigeon Forge.
Complete visitor information about Pigeon Forge is available online at www.MyPigeonForge.com or by calling 800-251-9100.